What is ISO/IEC 27701?
ISO/IEC 27701 standard is published in August 2019, and it is the first international standard that deals with privacy information management. Achieving the ISO 27701 certification standard will assist organizations to establish, maintain and continually improve a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) by enhancing the existing ISMS, based on the requirements of the ISO/IEC 27001 and guidance of ISO/IEC 27002. It can be used by all types of organizations irrespective of their size, complexity or the country they operate.
Why should you attend?
The ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation training course is designed to help participants understand the basic concepts and principles of a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) based on ISO/IEC 27701. Moreover, during this training course, students will learn more on the structure of the standard including its requirements, guidance and controls on the protection of the privacy of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) principals and the relationship of the standard with ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002.
After completing this training course, you can sit for the exam and, if you successfully pass it, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation” credential. A PECB Foundation certificate proves that you have comprehended the fundamental methodologies, requirements, guidelines, framework and managerial approach.
Who should attend?
- Individuals involved in information security and privacy management
Individuals seeking to gain knowledge on the main processes of a privacy information management system
- Individuals interested in pursuing a career in privacy information management
- Individuals responsible for personally identifiable information (PII) within organizations
- Information security team members
- Understand the fundamental concepts and principles of a privacy information management system (PIMS) based on ISO/IEC 27701
- Identify the relationship between ISO/IEC 27701, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the approaches, standards, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and management of a PIMS
- Lecture sessions are complemented by discussions questions and examples
- The exercises include multiple-choice quizzes and essay-type exercises
- Exercise questions and quizzes are similar to the certification exam