What is ISO/IEC 27005?
ISO/IEC 27005 provides guidelines for the establishment of a systematic approach to Information Security risk management which is necessary to identify organizational needs regarding information security requirements and to create an effective information security management system. Moreover, this international standard supports ISO/IEC 27001 concepts and is designed to assist an efficient implementation of information security based on a risk management approach.
Why should you attend?
the ISO 27005 Lead Risk Manager course enables you to acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in the risk management process related to all assets of relevance for Information Security using the ISO/IEC 27005 standard as a reference framework. During this training course, you will gain a comprehensive knowledge of a process model for designing and developing an Information Security Risk Management program. The training will also contain a thorough understanding of best practices of risk assessment methods such as OCTAVE, EBIOS, MEHARI and harmonized TRA. This training course supports the implementation process of the ISMS framework presented in the ISO/IEC 27001 standard.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Information Security Risk Management based on ISO/IEC 27005, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Risk Manager Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to support and lead a team in managing Information Security Risks.
Who should attend?
- Information Security risk managers
- Information Security team members
- Individuals responsible for Information Security, compliance, and risk within an organization
- Individuals implementing ISO/IEC 27001, seeking to comply with ISO/IEC 27001 or individuals who are involved in a risk management program
- IT consultants
- IT professionals
- Information Security officers
- Privacy officers
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques that enable an effective risk management process based on ISO/IEC 27005
- Acknowledge the correlation between Information Security risk management and security controls
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in Information Security Risk Management
- Acquire the competence and skills to effectively advise organizations on Information Security Risk Management best practices
- Acquire the knowledge necessary for the implementation, management and maintenance of an ongoing risk management program
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in Information Security Risk Management
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on cases studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27005 and comprehensive knowledge of Risk Assessment and Information Security.