The workshop covers all aspects of business continuity management and organizational resilience, ranging from management systems to high reliability organizations. Attendees will gain a deep understanding of practical and pragmatic BCM and resilience work, as well as an understanding of the underlying research and standardization. The workshop will present several case studies based on real-life projects and their outcomes. Topics covered include:
- BCMS and ISO-conformant implementation
- BIA, RA, CRA: traditional and agile approaches
- Preparing the business case: BCM and resilience strategies for C-level audiences
- Planning and documentation: what works and what does not, including real-life cases
- Training, awareness and exercising: practical advice from real-life cases
- Validation, audit and supervisory review: preparation, support, handling findings
- Pitfalls and banana skins: frequent mistakes, recipes for disaster and other red lights
This workshop addresses experienced practitioners with a solid background in business continuity, resilience or disaster recovery. Topics will be treated in-depth and at an advanced level. Attendees should therefore be familiar with the following aspects of continuity and resilience:
- Experience with relevant ISO standards and PDCA, preferably including certification
- Practical experience with managing BC projects and programs
- Hands-on knowledge at MBCI / CBCP level is an advantage
Online Workshops take place one evening per week (Mondays/3hour-sessions) over 4 weeks in total.
Please note, that the normal language for the course is German, however upon request the workshops can be given in English.